Dr. Philip B. Payne is a key member of CBE’s Bible Translation Team. He was active and instrumental from the very start! During episodes one and two, Mimi and Phil explore the important translation decisions of the New Testament team on difficult texts such as 1 Timothy 2:11–15, 3:1–12; Ephesians 5:21–33; 1 Corinthians 11:2–16; 1 Peter 2:18, and more! Phil brings in conversations from the first century and explains some of the complexities to the whole translation process as it impacts the lives of girls, women, and their communities worldwide.
Resources by Phil Payne:
Follow @philipbpayne on Twitter.
Christian Post Articles:
- Can women be pastors? What I discovered during 50 years of research.
- Does 1 Timothy 2:12-15 prohibit women from teaching or having authority over men?
- Does I Corinthians say women have to cover their heads?
- Does the Bible teach male headship?
- What Ephesians 5 really teaches about husband-wife submission
- Mutual submission in 1 Peter 3:1-7: Husband submit to wife?
- Is the ‘order of creation’ male authority Bible argument valid?
The opinions expressed in CBE’s Mutuality Matters’ podcast are those of its hosts or guests and do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of CBE International or its members or chapters worldwide. The designations employed in this podcast and the presentation of content therein do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of CBE concerning the legal status of any country, area or territory or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers.