Three students will have the honor of presenting their research papers at CBE International’s 2020 conference in London, to an audience of advocates and leaders within the evangelical church. All papers may also be considered for publication in one of CBE’s award-winning journals.
- In order for you to be eligible for submission, you must currently be a student enrolled at a university or graduate institution in the United Kingdom or Ireland and be a resident thereof.
- Submit a paper between 2,500 and 5,000 words in length.
- Papers must address an aspect of biblical gender equality related to the theme of the conference or the biblical basis for shared leadership and authority of men and women, and how that shared leadership benefits the global community of NGOs and non-profits.
- Papers previously written for a class that address one of the themes above are acceptable for submission.
- Papers should be double-spaced, in 12-point font, and have numbered pages.
- Papers must align with CBE’s Statement of Faith and Core Values.
- All papers must be free of plagiarism. Canditates who do not submit 100% unique work will be disqualified.
- Submit a cover letter with your contact information (name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address), the name of the institution you attend, your area of study, your year in school, and the total number of footnotes in your paper.
- Submission Deadline is April 30, 2020 at 11:59 pm CDT (GMT-5). Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your paper as an attachment, and type “Student Submission” in the subject line. Final decisions will be emailed by May 29, 2020. CBE appreciates every submission.
The three students selected to present will each be awarded a scholarship to attend the conference, which covers the cost of conference registration. Lunches and dinners are included with conference registration. CBE may cover accommodation and/or travel for winners if funding is available.
Students who are not selected may apply for a full or partial conference scholarship.
2020 Conference Categories
The theme of this conference is “Men, Women, and God: Theology and Its Impact.” Community development flourishes when women’s equality and equipping is at the forefront. Yet women are not free to lead in many churches and Christian NGOs. The conference will highlight theological and practical tools for making women’s empowerment a reality in faith-based NGO’s and non-profits, in churches and seminaries, and in our daily lives.
Here are a few topics our speakers will address at the conference:
- List coming soon!
Submissions that align with these topics are encouraged, as are submissions more broadly addressing biblical gender equality and/or its intersection with everyday life
Submission Deadline • April 30, 2019 • 11:59pm CDT (GMT-5)
Questions? Contact Emily at +1 612-872-6898 or email email@example.com.
Please do not contact CBE concerning the status of your submission after it has been submitted. Thanks!