Nature and Mission: Priscilla Papers is the award-winning academic journal of CBE International (CBE). Priscilla Papers provides interdisciplinary scholarship on biblical interpretation, theology, church history, and other academic disciplines as they relate to a biblical view of equality and justice for women in the home, church, and world.
- To provide scholarship on topics related to a biblical view of equality and justice for women in the home, church, and world.
- To build a team of egalitarian scholars.
- To be prophetic: “The task of prophetic ministry is to nurture, nourish, and evoke a consciousness and perception alternative to the consciousness and perception of the dominant culture around us” (Walter Brueggemann, The Prophetic Imagination [Philadelphia: Fortress, 1978], 13).
Readership: Priscilla Papers is intended for scholars and opinion leaders, serious Bible students, egalitarians seeking biblical resources, and the discerning person in the pew. Our readership is ecumenical, with subscribers from over 100 predominantly evangelical denominations around the world. More than 65% of our readers have advanced degrees; many are attending seminary. All share an interest in biblical and theological scholarship about women in the home, church, and world. Priscilla Papers is mailed quarterly to all CBE subscribers. Those interested in receiving issues of Priscilla Papers can subscribe at CBE’s website or by calling 612-872-6898. Current and back issues are available for purchase.
- Please send a completed article or a query letter with an abstract to email@example.com. The author’s name, address, phone number, email address, and a two or three sentence bio should be included. Authors of articles accepted for publication will be requested to submit a headshot.
- Priscilla Papers seeks original contributions in disciplines including, but not limited to, biblical and theological studies, church history, and missiology. Articles must advance the cause of CBE and must align with CBE’s Statement of Faith and Core Values.
- Priscilla Papers accepts manuscripts saved in Microsoft Word. Hard copies, Acrobat (PDF) files, and Google Docs are not acceptable. Do not include anything in the word-processing file that was not created with the word processor itself; e.g., do not embed tables from a spreadsheet or images from a design program into a word-processor document.
- Priscilla Papers is edited according to the most recent edition of the Chicago Manual of Style (CMS), supplemented by the SBL Handbook of Style (SBLHS) for discipline-specific matters such as journal abbreviations and transliteration of biblical languages.
- Articles should range between 2,000 and 7,000 words in length.
- All submissions must be original, unpublished, and submitted exclusively to Priscilla Papers. When an article is published, CBE retains the nonexclusive right to publish the submission and the continuing right, without limit, to include the submission as part of any reprinting of the journal by the publisher or by its licensed agencies. Priscilla Papers also assumes full reprint permission for all media, including various electronic media, of any item we publish. Each author must sign a release form before publication.
- Final selection for all material published in Priscilla Papers is at the discretion of the editor and publisher. Priscilla Papers reserves the right to use or not use any article.
- Authors are solely responsible for the facts and attributions in an article.
- The editors and publisher reserve the right to edit articles as necessary. Substantive content changes will be made only in consultation with the author.
- In addition to academic articles, Priscilla Papers publishes some sermons.
- Authors receive three copies of the issue in which their article appears, as well as the option to receive a one-year CBE subscription ($50-$61 value).
122 W Franklin Avenue, Suite 218
Minneapolis, MN 55404