The 2021–2022 AMMS Application Is Now Open!
- Fill out the 2021–2022 AMMS application form
- Send in all other application requirements (found on page 2 of the application form)
Application due date: June 14, 2021
Winners announced: July 23, 2021
Who can apply?
- Women who:
- support CBE’s Mission and Core Values.
- demonstrate the commitments that characterized Alvera, including a love of Scripture, social justice, women’s equality, and are able to communicate these ideas clearly.
- are enrolled and in good academic standing in a master’s program (in or outside the US) that is recognized as accredited in the US.
- are pursuing a ministry career in a field related to preaching, communications, writing, pastoral work, youth ministry, or nonprofit work.
- Past recipients of the AMMS, CBE employees, and CBE contractors are ineligible.
Please email email@example.com with any additional questions!
You can also help offer this scholarship to even more women when you contribute to the scholarship fund.
About the AMMS:
Alvera Mickelsen, a CBE founder and its first board chair, was a prophetic theologian and gracious ambassador of biblical equality for women. Alvera was a people’s theologian, bending her enormous talent to fanning into flames God’s gifts and call in women’s lives. She was adept at communicating not only with those who sincerely wanted to learn but also with those who were antagonistic. Without exception, she extended dignified treatment to everyone.
The Alvera Mickelsen Memorial Scholarship(AMMS) is funded by CBE International and made possible through the generosity of Alvera’s family and the CBE community. Given the challenges that women face in the church and Christian academia, AMMS was created to help women answer the call to ministry by providing academic scholarships. The scholarship is designed to provide financial assistance to women who are pursuing a master’s degree in a ministry field related to preaching, communications, writing, youth ministry, pastoral work, or nonprofit work. This year, CBE will award at least one scholarship to go toward 2021–2022 tuition expenses.
In the video below, Pushpa Samuel, a scholarship recipient, and Shirley Mullen, president of Hougton College, share why the AMMS is so important.