You are here
Home > News and Noteworthy
News and Noteworthy
CBE in the News
Below are some articles in which CBE has been featured in the press.
- "Gender roles: Is complementarianism on the wane in the US?" Mark Woods, Christian Today, November 2015
- "Egalitarian advocate preaches at Campbellsville" Bob Allen, Baptist News Global, October 2015
- "Campbellsville University to host Dr. Mimi Haddad" Joan C. McKinney, Campbellsville University, August 2015
- "Mimi Haddad: A general in the Christian ‘gender wars’" Jonathan Merritt, On Faith and Culture, May 2014
- "Gender Roles: Timeless Truth or Cultural Phenomenon?" Jonathan Merritt, On Faith and Culture, June 2013
- "Evangelicals and the Gender Debate," Jonathan Merritt, On Faith & Culture, June 2013
- "CBE President Dr. Mimi Haddad Receives Honorary Doctor of Divinity" Albany Times Union, May 2013.
- Adelle M. Banks, "'Fifty Shades of Grey' Moves Evangelicals Beyond Black and White Sexuality," Religion News Service, November 29, 2012.
- Mimi Haddad, "Service not Servitude," ABC's Australian Public Radio, The Spirit of Things, September 2012.
- Mimi Haddad, "Reading the Bible is like Rock Climbing," Associated Baptist Press, June 6, 2012.
- Ken Camp, "Women Find a Friend in the Apostle Paul, Truett Professor Says," Associated Baptist Press, May 1, 2012.
- Ken Camp, "Women Find a Friend in the Apostle Paul, Truett Professor Says," The Baptist Standard, May 1, 2012.
- Tony Campolo and Shane Claiborne host Mimi Haddad on Red Letter Christian, TBN, April 2012.
- Kristyn Komarnicki, ed., "'An Evangelical Statement on the Trinity' Seeks to Stop Ancient Mistake from Creeping Back into Christianity," ePistle, December 14, 2011.
- Bob Allen, "Scholars Say Evangelicals Tinkering with the Trinity," Associated Baptist Press, December 2, 2011.
- Mark Hensch, "Evangelicals Take Stand on Trinity" The Christian Post, November 30, 2011.
- Molly Worthen, "Housewives of God," The New York Times, November 12, 2010.
- Barney Zwartz, "Men Lead, Women Obey?" The Age, June 10, 2010.
- Bob Allen, "Southwestern Seminary Adopts Statement Asserting Male Headship," Associated Baptist Press, October 28, 2009.
Recently, I received a couple of e-mails from a few well-meaning friends suggesting that I tone it down with social media posts advocating for women in ministry. These friends suggested that my posts cause tension, make the church look bad, and turn...
In a recent Arise article, Amy Buckley recounted an exchange between herself and a group of men who accused Christian feminists of using a hermeneutic of pain to interpret the Bible. It was their way of suggesting that feminists do not understand...
In the last few years, it has become popular for people (especially celebrities) to identify as “feminists” on the secular stage. While this may sound like a positive trend, it has effectively rendered the term “feminist” meaningless. Anyone can...