You are here
More Ways to Support CBE
CBE welcomes gifts from donor-advised funds—one of the best ways to maximize and simplify your charitable giving! And you may receive tax benefits, too.
If you already have a donor advised fund, please partner with us by making a distribution to CBE this year.
If you haven’t invested in a donor-advised fund, CBE’s financial planning partner, the Barnabas Foundation, offers the Stewards Fund. You can make a one-time gift and decide later how you want to distribute the funds to CBE and your other favorite charities.
The Stewards Fund offers:
- Planning and investment expertise
- Flexibility—they accept several different types of assets
- Earnings growth potential
- Low administration cost
- Tax advantages
The Barnabas Foundation is a public charitable organization that guides and assists Christians of all ages to help them grow in their understanding of biblical stewardship and experience the joy of living a generous life.
If you're a CBE supporter and have appreciated stocks or mutual funds, you have an opportunity to make a bigger impact for the full equality of men and women around the world.
By donating appreciated stocks and mutual funds before selling you can:
- Save on capital gains taxes
- Improve cash flow
- Rebalance your portfolio
- Provide greater support for CBE
If your stocks have lost value, you will receive a greater tax deducation if you sell the stock and donate the proceeds.
To donate a gift of stock:
1. Donate your stock
Please provide your broker with the following information:
Name of Account: Christians for Biblical Equality
Broker: Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (Schwab Brokerage)
DTC Number: 0164
Account Number: 2316-1409
CBE Tax ID #: 41-1599315
2. Contact CBE
To ensure proper receipt and acknowledgement of your gift, once your contribution has been made, please notify CBE of your contact information, the contact information of your broker, and a brief description of your gift.
You can contact CBE at 612-872-6898 or by using our contact form.
IRA Rollover Contributions
Individuals who are 70½ years old or older may contribute up to $100,000, tax free, from an IRA to a charitable organization of their choice without reporting the withdrawal as taxable income. Additionally, such charitable contributions may be used to fulfill all or part of one's required minimum annual distribution. The US Congress approved a bill making this tax-free charitable rollover permanent.
If you are considering a charitable gift from your IRA for CBE during tax-year 2016, we encourage you to consult your accountant or financial advisor to ensure that your contribution is complete before January 1, 2017.
CBE's most dedicated supporters often ask how they can make a lasting contribution to the ministry of CBE. Planned giving offers an opportunity to leave a legacy that supports your values and ensures the success of CBE's ministry for years to come.
For assistance in planning your gift please contact CBE directly by calling 612-872-6898 or emailing us at email@example.com.
Include CBE in Your Will
There are several ways to include CBE in your will.
- Designate a certain percentage of your estate for CBE. This is the most flexible method, as the gift will change with the size of the estate.
- Designate a fixed amount for CBE.
- Specify certain property for CBE. There are some assets, such as IRAs, that retain a higher value if they are donated to nonprofits because charitable organizations do not have to pay income tax on these items.
- Leave to CBE whatever is left after other bequests have been fulfilled (residue). You can also donate residue from trusts to CBE.
- Make a contingent gift. For example: “I leave $10,000 to my aunt Sarah. If she dies before me, I give this amount to CBE.”
- Name CBE a beneficiary of an insurance policy, such as a life insurance policy.
Set Up a Charitable Gift Annuity
The charitable gift annuity (CGA) program generates an immediate charitable tax deduction with your gift of cash, securities, or other assets. In return, you will receive a steady stream of regular payments. When God calls you home, the remaining value benefits CBE in your memory. This giving opportunity ensures income for your future and tax benefits now and later, while advancing the vital mission of CBE.
To set up a CGA, please contact Mary Lou Wiley at 612-872-6898 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
122 W Franklin Ave, Suite 218
Minneapolis, MN 55404-2451
CBE Tax ID #: 41-1599315
Does your employer offer a matching funds program? Many companies do! Contact your human resources department to see if your employer (or your local United Way) will match your donation to CBE.
CBE is on eBay for Charity, linking with buyers and sellers around the world!
You can support CBE on eBay by:
- Going to ebay.com/charity and adding CBE to your charities as a Favorite.
- Selling your items and donating a percentage—10% to 100%—to CBE.
- Shopping for items that benefit CBE.
- Donating to CBE at check out.
- Watching for CBE special auction events.
Visit smile.amazon.com, search for CBE International and select it as the cause you're supporting. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases. Same products, same prices, same service.
Shop at www.goodshop.com and select CBE as the organization you want to support. More than 5,000 retailers provide deals and coupons, and the top stores also donate up to 20% of purchases to specific causes. There's even a goodshop mobile app.
If you have 25,000 or more frequent flier miles from one airline, consider donating them to CBE! These miles or a donated airline ticket could fly CBE staff or an international guest to one of our conferences.