You are here
Churches and Organizations
The church and organizational membership is designed for churches and groups such as seminaries, schools, and non-profit organizations interested in biblical equality.
A CBE membership provides you with publications, books, opportunities to host CBE speakers, and discounted conference registrations to equip and empower the egalitarian leadership of your organization.
Whether your church or organization is exploring biblical equality or is already committed to it, we would love to walk alongside you, providing resources and support.
How can my church or organization become a member?
1. Review the options, and pricing below to determine the appropriate membership tier for your church or organization.
2. Choose your method of payment:
- Online: Go to CBE Bookstore and select your membership option.
- Phone: 612-872-6898, Monday–Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST
- Mail or Fax: Print and complete a Membership Application Form (PDF) and send it to us. You may pay by credit card or check, or request an invoice.
Every church or organizational member receives:
- Subscriptions to both Mutuality and Priscilla Papers, CBE's award-winning quarterly publications, including digital access to every issue (see tiered benefits below)
- 50% off CBE conference registration for leaders of your church or organization (see tiered benefits below)
- Regular discounts on resources from CBE Bookstore, including CBE-produced recordings
- Access to exclusive members-only content, including member news and exclusive sales
- Advertising discounts in CBE's publications (see tiered benefits below)
- A free resource annually for your library or staff. The 2016 resource is Karen Longman’s lecture, “Advancing Women into Leadership”
- Prayer support offered from the CBE staff
Church and organizational membership options are based on the size of the member organization, and some benefits are tiered accordingly. Please join at the level that reflects the size of your organization.
- 1-100 people
- 50% off conference registration for 1 leader
- 1 subscription to Priscilla Papers and Mutuality
- 15% advertising discount
- 101-500 people
- 50% off conference registration for 2 leaders
- 2 subscriptions to Priscilla Papers and Mutuality
- 20% advertising discount
- 501-1000 people
- 50% off conference registration for 3 leaders
- 4 subscriptions to Priscilla Papers and Mutuality
- 30% advertising discount
- 1001-2000 people
- 50% off confrence registration for 4 leaders
- 6 subscriptions to Priscilla Papers and Mutuality
- 40% advertising discount
- 2001-5000 people
- 50% off conference registration for 5 leaders
- 8 subscriptions to Priscilla Papers and Mutuality
- 50% advertising discount
- 5001+ people
- 50% off conference registration for 6 leaders
- 10 subscriptions to Priscilla Papers and Mutuality
- 60% advertising discount
Pricing (in US dollars) is determined by the size of your church or organization:
- 1-100 people: $60 per year
- 101-500 people: $95 per year
- 501-1000 people: $150 per year
- 1001-2000 people: $235 per year
- 2001-5000 people: $325 pear year
- 5001+ people: $420 per year
Would it be beneficial for my college or seminary to join CBE?
Yes! Interest in biblical equality has exploded on college and seminary campuses. We would love to provide resources to your eager faculty, staff, and students. In addition, your school's membership to CBE provides an opportunity to send a strong message to potential students, staff, and faculty that they will be a welcome and valued part of your academic community.
Check out this video from CBE member Fuller Seminary, which they created to show at CBE's 2011 conference in Seattle and are using on their website to communicate full support for women in ministry.
Also, view this article (PDF) by Ashland Seminary faculty member Dr. Paul Chilcote on how CBE membership has benefitted his seminary.
Can my institution join as an organizational member if our library already subscribes?
If your library already subscribes to our journals, our membership department will take the cost of your subscription off the cost of your organizational membership.
This discount will apply each year you renew your membership, providing that your subscription remains current. Be sure to list the name of your institution's library on your membership application.
Please note this option is not available for organizations joining at the $60 level.
Contact us for more information or assistance.