Individuals and Households
Join a global community of like-minded Christians, committed to the Bible's message of gender equality and justice in the home, church, and world. Your membership includes cutting-edge, award-winning resources. It also supports and sustains our ministry!
- Why join CBE?
- Who can join CBE?
- What do I receive?
- How do I join CBE and how much does it cost?
- How do I give memberships to friends and family?
- What are electronic memberships or e-memberships?
- Are scholarships available for those who cannot afford membership?
- What are automatic renewals?
- Can I subscribe to CBE publications without being a member?
CBE members are extraordinary advocates for Christ's liberation from human limitations imposed by gender, ethnicity, or class. The overwhelming majority of CBE members tell us that passion for the cause compelled them to join our organization. (Read more about the impact of CBE on the lives of members.)
By joining CBE, you stand with Christians around the world who promote the biblical truth of equality as a community. As a member you receive cutting-edge resources on what the Bible says about gender and justice. And your dues support and sustain our ministry!
CBE offers membership to individuals and households as well as churches and organizations. Members work together to promote biblical equality where they live, work, minister, and worship. Membership is available to those who support CBE's Statement of Faith.
- A subscription to Mutuality, CBE's award-winning popular magazine
- A subscription to Priscilla Papers, CBE's award-winning scholarly journal
- Discounts on resources at CBE Bookstore, including books and recordings
- Discounts on registration to CBE conferences
- Access to the Members Only Page, including digital access to issues of our publications
- A monthly member newsletter with exciting updates on CBE's ministry
- Listings and access to CBE's egalitarian directories
- Prayer support offered by the CBE staff
1. Choose your membership customization:
- Individual: 1 or 3 year options; all membership benefits included
- Household: 1 or 3 year options; everyone in the household receives membership discounts
- Electronic: 1 year only; accesses publications online only, not in print (Learn more)
- Low Income: 1 year only; available to those with an annual household income of less than $25,000 in US dollars
2. Choose your method of payment:
- Online: Go to CBE Bookstore and select your membership option
- Phone: 612-872-6898, Mondays through Fridays, between 9am and 5pm CST
- Mail or Fax: Print and complete a Membership Application Form (PDF) and send it to us
Gift memberships are available for you to purchase for friends and families. Visit the CBE Bookstore to choose the kind of membership you would like to give and mark the checkbox asking if it is a gift membership. When checking out, enter the gift recipient's information in the Customer Notes section. Feel free to call us at 612-872-6898 with questions. You can give non-membership gift subscriptions too!
E-members join CBE at a low cost ($28 a year) and do not receive print versions of our publications. Instead, they access PDF issues of Mutuality and Priscilla Papers at their convenience on our members only webpage. E-members receive a password and correspondence from CBE exclusively through email, so e-members are required to provide a working email address. All other member benefits apply to e-members.
Please note that PDF issues are not emailed to e-members when the issues become available; e-memberships are entirely self-directed.
To join CBE as an e-member, simply visit the membership page at CBE Bookstore and select the "E-Membership" product. Once you've checked out, your membership will be processed the next business day.
Yes! CBE has many supportive donors who help provide funds for those who cannot afford to pay for their membership. Please fill out a scholarship application form and return it to us by mail, fax, or email. All scholarships will be distributed according to need and desire.
CBE offers an automatic renewal program, designed to make membership more convenient for dedicated CBE friends like you.
Automatic renewals save postage, paper, and time, and ensure that you will never miss an issue of our publications. You are welcome to cancel at any time. And your automatic renewal helps CBE better plan for the future, knowing we can count on your annual support through membership!
It’s easy to sign up:
- Online: Simply write “Sign me up for automatic member renewals” in the comments section of your CBE Bookstore order. CBE will keep your provided membership customization and payment information on file.
- Mail or Fax: Print and complete a Membership Application Form (PDF) and send it to us. Be sure to check the “Automatic Renewal” box.
Once you’re signed up:
- CBE will remove you from the list of those who receive renewal notices.
- CBE will send you an email one month before your membership is set to expire, reminding you we will process your renewal and asking for any updated information.
- One week later, CBE will renew your membership and send you confirmation.
Yes! Individuals and libraries may subscribe to both Mutuality and Priscilla Papers without becoming members. A subscription to one publication includes a free subscription to the other.