Individuals and Households
Join a global community of like-minded Christians, committed to the Bible's message of gender equality and justice in the home, church, and world. Your membership includes cutting-edge, award-winning resources. It also supports and sustains our ministry!
- Why join CBE?
- Who can join CBE?
- What do I receive?
- How do I join CBE and how much does it cost?
- How do I give memberships to friends and family?
- What are electronic memberships or e-memberships?
- What are automatic renewals?
- Can I subscribe to CBE publications without being a member?
CBE members are extraordinary advocates for Christ's liberation from human limitations imposed by gender, ethnicity, or class. The overwhelming majority of CBE members tell us that passion for the cause compelled them to join our organization. (Read more about the impact of CBE on the lives of members.)
By joining CBE, you stand with Christians around the world who promote the biblical truth of equality as a community. As a member you receive cutting-edge resources on what the Bible says about gender and justice. And your dues support and sustain our ministry!
CBE offers membership to individuals/households and churches/organizations. Members work together to promote biblical equality where they live, work, minister, and worship. Membership is available to those who support CBE's Statement of Faith.
- A subscription to Mutuality, CBE's award-winning popular magazine
- A subscription to Priscilla Papers, CBE's award-winning scholarly journal
- 15% discount on all regularly-priced, in-stock resources at CBE Bookstore
- 50% off all CBE-produced tapes, videos, CDs, DVDs, and MP3s
- Discounts on registration to CBE conferences
- Access to the Members Only Page, including electronic access to recent issues of our publications
- Prayer support offered by the CBE staff
1. Choose your membership customization:
- Individual: One or three year option
- Household: One or three year option; everyone in the household receives the membership discounts
- Electronic: One year option only; accesses publications online only, not in print (Learn more)
- Low Income: One year option only; available to those with an annual household income of less than $23,000 in US dollars
2. Choose your method of payment:
- Online: Through CBE Bookstore. Select either “United States” or “International”
- Phone: 612-872-6898, Mondays through Fridays, between 9am and 5pm CST
- Mail or Fax: Print and complete this application form (PDF) and send it to us
Gift memberships are available for you to purchase for friends and families. Visit the CBE Bookstore to choose the kind of membership you would like to give. When checking out, enter the gift recipient's information in the "shipping" address. Feel free to call us at 612-872-6898 with questions. You can give non-membership gift subscriptions too!
E-members join CBE at a low cost ($28 a year) and do not receive print versions of our publications. Instead, they access PDF issues of Mutuality and Priscilla Papers at their convenience on our members only webpage. E-members receive a password and correspondence from CBE exclusively through email, so e-members are required to provide a working email address. All other member benefits apply to e-members.
Please note that PDF issues are not emailed to e-members when the issues become available; e-memberships are entirely self-directed.
To join CBE as an e-member, simply visit the membership page at CBE Bookstore and select either “United States” or “International.” From there, choose “Electronic” from the drop-down menu.
CBE offers an automatic renewal program, designed to make membership more convenient for dedicated CBE friends like you.
Automatic renewals save postage, paper, and time, and ensure that you will never miss an issue of our publications. You are welcome to cancel at any time. And your automatic renewal helps CBE better plan for the future, knowing we can count on your annual support through membership!
It’s easy to sign up:
- Online: Simply write “Sign me up for automatic member renewals” in the comments section of your CBE Bookstore order. CBE will keep your provided membership customization and payment information on file.
- Mail or Fax: Print and complete this application form (PDF) and send it to us. Be sure to check the “Automatic Renewal” box.
Once you’re signed up:
- CBE will remove you from the list of those who receive renewal notices.
- CBE will send you an email one month before your membership is set to expire, reminding you we will process your renewal and asking for any updated information.
- One week later, CBE will renew your membership and send you confirmation.
Yes! Individuals and libraries may subscribe to both Mutuality and Priscilla Papers without becoming members. A subscription to one publication includes a free subscription to the other.
Visit our Non-Membership Subscriptions page to learn more.