Churches and Organizations
Join a global community of like-minded Christians, committed to the Bible's message of gender equality and justice in the home, church, and world. Your membership includes cutting-edge, award-winning resources. It also supports and sustains our ministry!
- What is a CBE church or organizational membership?
- Why should my church or organization become a CBE member?
- What are the membership benefits?
- How much does membership cost?
- How can my church or organization become a CBE member?
- Would it be beneficial for my college or seminary to join CBE?
- Can my institution join as an organizational member if our library already subscribes?
- What is CBE's Egalitarian Church Directory?
A church or organizational membership (for groups such as seminaries, Christian colleges, women’s studies departments, nonprofit organizations, and marriage ministries) is a partnership between CBE and the leadership of your group. Through a church or organizational membership, CBE provides you with publications, books, opportunities to host CBE speakers, and discounted conference registrations to equip and empower the egalitarian leadership of your organization.
While many churches and organizations are committed to biblical equality in theory, they may lack the resources or the experience to equip and mobilize their members to affirm and advance gift-based leadership. CBE’s writers and speakers are experienced and passionate about releasing both men and women to serve Christ. It’s what we do! If your church or organization is exploring biblical equality or is already committed to it, we would love to walk alongside you through membership, providing resources and support.
- 20% savings on all regularly-priced resources from CBE Bookstore
- 50% off all CBE-produced recordings
- The option of a listing in CBE's Egalitarian Church Directory (for churches) or the inclusion of your logo on CBE’s website (for organizations)
- Access to the Members Only Page of CBE's website, including electronic access to the four most recent issues of our publications
- A free resource annually for your library or staff. The 2012 resource is Dale Durie and Stephanie Williams' recording, "Male/Female Shared Leadership: Casting a Vision for the Next Generation."
- Prayer support offered from the CBE staff
- 50% off CBE conference registration for leaders of your organization (see details in chart below)
- Subscriptions to both Mutuality and Priscilla Papers, CBE's award-winning quarterly publications (see details in chart below)
Conference discount and subscription benefits are tiered, and determined by the size of your church or organization:
There are three easy ways to join CBE:
- Online: Through CBE Bookstore
- Phone: 612-872-6898, Mondays through Fridays, between 9am and 5pm CST
- Mail or Fax: Print and complete this application form (PDF) and send it to us. You may pay by credit card or check, or request an invoice
Yes! Interest in biblical equality has exploded on college and seminary campuses. We would love to provide resources to your eager faculty, staff, and students. In addition, your school's membership to CBE provides an opportunity to send a strong message to potential students, staff, and faculty that they will be a welcome and valued part of your academic community. Check out this video from CBE member Fuller Seminary, which they created to show at CBE's 2011 conference in Seattle and are using on their website to communicate full support for women in ministry.
Also, view this article (PDF) by Ashland Seminary faculty member Dr. Paul Chilcote on how CBE membership has benefitted his seminary.
- To find out more about your college and CBE, view this handout (PDF).
Yes! Please visit our Non-Membership Subscriptions page for more information.
CBE keeps a directory of egalitarian churches to recommend to our members and friends looking for churches in their area. To include your church in our international directory or to receive a church recommendation, please contact us.
Be sure to also check out our Churches page, which provides useful tips for determining if a church is egalitarian.
Your organization's logo could appear here—become a member today! CBE will also send you an exclusive "CBE Member Seal" for your website.